ISJL Program Associate
ISJL Program Associates (previously known as ISJL Community Engagement Fellows and ISJL Education Fellows) serve communities of all sizes across the Southern region by:
- Assisting teachers in implementing a comprehensive religious school curriculum
- Traveling to Jewish communities across the South
- Leading Shabbat and holiday services
- Creating religious school programming for all age groups
- Organizing and directing an annual education conference
- Assisting with community and cultural programming
- Recruiting new education partner communities
- Bringing community engagement principles and tikkun olam to their programmatic approach
ISJL Program Associates gain tremendous experience in Jewish communal services and leadership skills over the two-year employment in this position, including the opportunity to travel to unique Jewish communities in the South. PAs are based in our office in Jackson, MS. This is a full-time position, complete with salary, expenses, benefits, and professional development. Past years’ ISJL Program Associates (formerly Community Engagement Fellows and Education Fellows) have been accepted into top graduate programs and landed terrific jobs following their two-year immersive role at the ISJL.
Qualifications: College degree, active involvement in Jewish life or organizations, résumé, and references.
To apply: We accept applications on a rolling basis; applications received by January 1, 2022 will receive priority consideration.
The ISJL believes that everyone is entitled to equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, genetic information, medical condition, veteran status, or any other class protected under federal, state, or local laws.
For more information contact
Sunday School Teacher – Kol HaLev
Kol HaLev, Lutherville-Timonium, MD 21093
Kol HaLev is a diverse, Reconstructionist Jewish synagogue located in Lutherville-Timonium, Maryland.
We are a warm and welcoming congregation with several interfaith families which prides itself on
meeting its members where they are in their Jewish experience.
Our Sunday School meets two Sunday mornings a month and fosters Jewish identity by exposing the
children to Jewish culture, values, holiday celebrations and Hebrew language. Our program engages the
whole family in the Jewish education experience.
We are seeking two part-time teachers for the 2021 – 2022 school year (October – May) as we return to
in-person instruction after a year of virtual education. One for our Gimel Class (3rd/4th grade) and one
for our Daled Class (5th/6th grade). The KHL Sunday School program uses the CHAI curriculum which
focuses on key values and principles of Torah, worship, and acts of loving kindness that build both
Jewish identity and community in addition to a variety of supplemental resources.
Position Requirements and Skills:
- Exceptional verbal and communication skills
- Self-motivated and comfortable working independently
- Experience participating with a synagogue community, familiarity with Jewish lifecycle/holidays
events, and working knowledge of Hebrew as it pertains to those events.
- Background in childhood education and an appreciation for the importance of a synagogue in a Jewish Community is preferred, but not necessary.
First-year salary for both positions (includes planning and teaching time): $2,775
Please submit a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and call (410) 299-7967 with questions.
Temple Emanuel Early Childhood Center Teaching Position
Join our innovative team! Temple Emanuel Early Childhood Center, located in Kensington, Maryland is seeking talented early childhood educators.
The foundation of our full-day, year-round early childhood program for children 18 months to 5 years old, is built upon creating and maintaining a culture of learning informed by the Reggio-Emilia approach to education and the values of our progressive Reform Jewish context.
Our faculty co-teaches in an environment that honors our culture of dialogue and research based on the image of the child as curious, competent, and capable of co-constructing knowledge. Our teachers view themselves as life-long learners who constantly challenge themselves to grow professionally and find joy in being part of a dynamic, collaborative community.
Temple Emanuel ECC Teachers:
- Think creatively and engage in the many forms of expression used in the classroom.
- Develop meaningful relationships with our community of children, families, and staff.
- Have unique interests and are passionate about sharing their knowledge and experience.
- Exhibit proficiency in the use of digital media as a tool for provoking children’s learning and classroom documentation.
- Have excellent written and communication skills.
Candidates must have 1-3 years of experience working in a childcare or early childhood setting.
To apply for this position, please send resume and cover letter to Melissa Reynolds, Director of Early Childhood @ email@example.com .
We offer competitive salary and benefits.
Teacher – Kulanu at Temple Isaiah
Kulanu at Temple Isaiah, in Howard County Maryland, is seeking teachers for our innovative and interactive Kulanu program. All teachers are part of a teacher team that work together to create the content for the classes based on our custom curriculum.
We have two open positions:
- 4th-6th Grade Teachers: 9am-1pm on Sundays (9am-11:15am also possible). Some Hebrew knowledge required.
- 7th Grade teacher: 6-8pm on Sundays. The topics are the modern Jewish Community, The Holocaust, and The modern State of Israel.
We invite you to be a part of our creative and energetic teaching team for our growing school!
Pay for undergraduate students begins and $30 per teaching hour and for graduate students $40 per teaching hour and goes up based on experience.
Please contact Rabbi Daniel Plotkin, firstname.lastname@example.org, to express interest.