Sardonic and heartwarming, 2.5 is Lisa’s tribute to her father, told by stitching together two disparate but formative parts of his life: his love of roller coasters and a trip to Auschwitz. She’s working on a video project about him, but it’s not coming together the way she’d hoped, so she has rented a theatre, brought slides and some camcorders, and is talking through what she’s got with the viewer, hoping to reach clarity and discovering small revelations along the way.
More information is on our website: https://www.studiotheatre.org/plays/play-detail/2020-2021-lisa-kron-minute-ride
- Full-time, on-the-ground job placements at leading non-profits;
- Innovative programming that develops activist chops and Jewish social justice insights;
- Intentional, pluralistic communal living;
- A monthly living stipend, house insurance, housing, and a transportation stipend;
- Membership in our active 1,400+ alumni network for life.
Tikkun Olam Makers is now accepting applications for the 2021/22 TOM Fellowship!
TIkkun Olam Makers (TOM) is a global network of communities dedicated to improving people’s lives by making affordable, open-source technology accessible to all.
The TOM Fellowship is a 9-month program designed for university students interested in creating social impact in their community through technology and innovation. The Fellowship combines hands-on project management experience with theoretical and practical skills.
What you will do as a TOM Fellow:
You will make a significant impact in your community and beyond and meet incredible people!
Also, you will:
- Establish and manage a TOM community on your campus
- Lead TOM activities throughout the year (e.g. Makeathons, build parties, design challenges, TOM product manufacturing etc’)
- Work with students, faculty and community partners to strengthen and expand the community
- Interact and collaborate with other TOM Fellows and represent your community as part of TOM’s global network
What you will learn as a TOM Fellow:
All TOM Fellows participate in our annual Leadership Program that runs between September ‘21 and May ‘22. The program consists of monthly workshops and seminars covering a range of theoretical concepts and practical know-how on:
- Community and partnership-building
- Storytelling, social media and communications best practices
- Accessibility, empathy building and working with people with disabilities
- Fundraising strategies
- Human-Centered Design, Design Thinking and Adaptive Design
Who can be a TOM Fellow?
Students enrolled in undergrad/grad/PhD programs including (but not limited to) Engineering, Design, Occupational/Physical Therapy, Medical/Nursing and Management.
Who is the ideal TOM Fellow?
Ask yourself, are you:
- A self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit and a knack for positive social impact
- A natural leader that likes to work with people and get them excited about big ideas
- Committed to setting goals and achieving results with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Excited about using tech for good and solving complex challenges
- Proficient in English and comfortable speaking in front of others
Upcoming info sessions to be announced soon. Please check back on TOMUniversity.org/apply for more info.