Passover begins the evening of Friday, April 19th. Hopkins Hillel will be hosting Seders on April 19th and April 20th. There will additionally be Kosher for Passover lunches and dinners every day throughout the week. Note that you must register for all of the meals ahead of time, by Friday April 5th.
Meal sign ups are now closed. Email MDavis@jhu.edu with any questions.
Seders cost $18 each. Dinners are $16 each and Lunches are $14 each.
Interested in hosting your own Seder at Hopkins? Let us know! We are happy to provide space, Seder plates, guidance/training and limited funding. Email Brian at Bhertz1@jhu.edu for more info. We need to know by April 2nd.
Three Seder Options:
- 60 minute Seder – with Brian Hertz-6:30pm
- A Seder for fulfilling your obligations and filling your bellies! In this Seder, we will spend some time reflecting on the Passover story and rituals, considering how they apply to our lives today.
- Justice Seder with Rabbi Eric Abbott-6:30pm
- A full Seder including all the rituals with a special focus on contemporary themes and issues.
- Traditional Seder with Rabbi Don and Leora Cantor-7:45pm
- A traditional Orthodox Seder meeting all Halakhic requirements
Lunch at noon.
Only one Seder:
- Traditional Orthodox Seder with Rabbi Don and Leora Cantor-8:30pm
- A small, fun, classic Seder that will abide by all Halakhic rules. Note that because this Seder is on Saturday, food cannot start heating until 8:22pm and thus will be served late. This Seder will be held at the Cantors’ home
Sunday, April 21st through Wednesday, April 24th, lunch begins at noon and dinner begins at 6:00pm.
Thursday, April 25th, lunch will begin at noon and dinner begins at 7:45pm.
Friday, April 26th, lunch will begin at noon and Shabbat dinner will begin at 7:15pm. Note that this is a paid meal (not free)!